This plugin does one thing, and that thing is to add your posts’ featured image to the RSS
feed. It specifies the ‘large’ image size.
- Upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins folder, or use the Plugins > Add New section of your dashboard to search for “Add featured image to RSS feed”
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
What does this plugin do?
This plugin adds the featured image of each post to the RSS feed content.
Where can I see the change?
In your site’s RSS feed.
2-р сар 18, 2020
It works but it adds an array of images (srcset) and I found that this breaks some aggregators that expect just the single img src.
Contributors & Developers
“Add Featured Image to RSS Feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Add Featured Image to RSS Feed” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [Changed] Changes tested up to version 6.2.0
- [Changed] Tested up to version 5.8.3
- [Added] Wraps the thumbnail size of the image in a filter
rss_featured_image_thumbnail_sizeso that other developers may change it
- [Changed] Tested up to version 5.1.1
- First build