WordPress Username availability checker for WordPress & BuddyPress checks for the username availability on new user registration screens.
It assist users & site admins by notifying them using ajax whether the username they entered is available or not.
- Checks for username availability in WordPress Admin New User screen
- Checks for username availability on WordPress standard registration page
- Checks for availability on BuddyPress registration page.
For screenshots & more details, please visit BuddyDev Username Availability Checker plugin page
Free & paid supports are available via BuddyDev Support Forum. Please Use BuddyDev support forums for your support requests. We may not be able to keep an eye over WordPress plugin support forum.
bpdev-username-availability-checker-x.y.z.zip, x.y.z are version numbers eg. 1.0.0
- Extract the zip file
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
You can also visit Dashboard->Plugin->Add New and search for “Buddydev User Name Availability Checker« and install from there.
How do I get support?
Please use BuddyDev forums for any support question. We are helpful people and stand behind our plugins firmly.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Username Availability Checker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added support for WooCommerce account and checkout page username availability support(if username is enabled for Woocommerce account creation).
- If BuddyPress is active, remove space between the words before checking for availability.
- Sanitize username before checking. Helps solve the space and dashes issue.
- Fix the undefined function ‘get_current_screen’. Thank you Loïc for reporting.
- Improve error messages show to the user on invalid username.
- Tested with WordPress 5.2.1/BuddyPress 4.3
- Add compatibility with WordPress Ajax Login Plugin
- Rename plugin to WordPress User Name availability Checker.
- Allow using filter to add extra username selectors
- Initial release on wp.org repo