Easy Media Replace allows you to replace images and media files easily while retaining the attachment URL and ID. No more delete, re-upload, and search-replace.
- Easy to use.
- Drag and drop file uploading.
- Replace images, PDF, videos, audios, and all media files.
- Regerenate thumbnails (no plugin required).
- Don’t leave your page: Upload and replace files directly within current page.
Once you activated the plugin, you will see a “Replace« button/link in Media Library page and dialog (see screenshots below).
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘Easy Media Replace’.
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Upload the easy-media-replace folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Easy Media Replace plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Can I replace images with different extensions
Currently, the plugin only replaces images with same extension.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Media Replace” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Staibility improvement
- WordPress 5.3 compatibility
- Fixed replace dialog not showing in Media Library grid view.
- Increased upload timeout for large files and slow internet connexion.
- Fixed a minor bug.
- Public Release.