- Imports languages and WPML options (when the same options exist in Falang).
- Imports posts and terms languages as well as translations (including for custom post types and custom taxonomies).
- Imports multilingual nav menus.
- Imports strings translations (not yet).
- Does not delete WPML data.
Although WPML data should not be corrupted, as Falang data are created without deleting anything, make a database backup before proceeding.
How to proceed?
- De-activate WPML
- Activate Falang and WPML to Falang. Do not create any language with Falang (they will be imported).
- Go to Tools -> WPML Importer.
- If all checks are passed, you can click on ‘Import Languages’.
- If the WPML languages are imported, you can click on ‘Import’.
- De-activate WPML to Falang (You can even delete it).
- Setup a language switcher either as a widget or in nav menus.
- Check that everything is OK.
- If something went wrong and you want to revert to WPML, you can delete Falang using the red link in the Plugins table (If you want to delete all data created for Falang, you need to set the option in Falang > Settings;` before Delete Translations on uninstall) and then re-activate WPML.
This plugin does not include error management. It has however been tested successfully to migrate a site with about 9,000 posts and media.
It has been tested with WPML 4.5.5
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Falang WPML importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Falang WPML importer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- initial release.