NextGEN Gallery ColorBoxer
NextGEN Gallery ColorBoxer automatically integrates the cool ColorBox lightbox effect with your NextGEN galleries, and only loads ColorBox’s scripts and styles when a gallery shortcode is present, improving your site’s page load speed.
Note: For optimization of NextGEN Gallery’s scripts and styles, please see NextGEN Gallery Optimizer
If you have any questions, suggestions, ideas or feedback, please email me at email@example.com
- One-click install of the ColorBox lightbox to display your images in style.
- Only loads ColorBox’s scripts and styles when a gallery shortcode is present.
- Helps improve your site’s page load speed.
NextGEN Gallery Fancyboxer also includes a couple of compatibility fixes right off the bat, including:
- ColorBox not working in IE6
- Conflicts with the jQuery $ selector in ColorBox’s invocation code
- WordPress version 3.1 or later
- NextGEN Gallery version 1.6.2 or later
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Proceed to the plugin settings page to complete installation.
- Is this plugin compatible with minification/caching tools?
Yes. However the small, already minified ColorBox script must be excluded from combining/minification or it won’t function. This is true of any lightbox script.
For WP Minify, simply add /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery-colorboxer/colorbox/js/jquery.colorbox-min.js in its js file exclusion options and clear the cache.
For W3 Total Cache, do nothing. It doesn’t auto-discover, so as long as you don’t manually add the script, it won’t be included.
- What version of NextGEN Gallery is this plugin compatible with?
Any version since 1.6.2
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“NextGEN Gallery ColorBoxer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
V1.0 – 25/05/2012
- Initial release on May 25th, 2012.