Using single shortcode plugin, you can hide specified content from excerpt of post. The content enclosed with [single] tag is output only if single page is displayed. It’s useful for hiding the following items from excerpt.
- table of contents
- relative links, etc.
Installed this plugin, you can use the following shortcodes.
- [single] shortcode outputs content only if single page is displayed
- [excerpt] shortcode outputs content only if excerpt is displayed
Enclose content with [single] tag.
[single] ... [/single] [single] ... [/single]
You can use [excerpt] tag as necessary.
[excerpt] ... [/excerpt] [excerpt] ... [/excerpt]
If you write the following code,
<p>paragraph1</p> [single] <h5>Index</h5> <ul> <li><a href="#item1">item1</a></li> <li><a href="#item2">item2</a></li> <li><a href="#item3">item3</a></li> </ul> [/single] <p>paragraph2</p>
the excerpt is displayed as follows. (Index is NOT output)
And single page is displayed as follows. (Index is output)
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Where is excerpt displayed?
- Blog homepage (latest posts)
- Archive, Category, Tag page
- Search result
- Posts feed (RSS/Atom)
* Please see Glossary for more information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“single shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “single shortcode” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [excerpt] shortcode also outputs content in search results and posts feed (RSS/Atom)
- Initial release