WooCommerce POS is a simple interface for taking orders at the Point of Sale using your WooCommerce store. WooCommerce POS provides an alternative to Vend or Shopify POS – no need to sync inventory and no monthly subscription fees.
You can see a demo of the WooCommerce POS plugin in action by going to http://demo.wcpos.com/pos with
- Website: http://wcpos.com
- Roadmap: http://wcpos.com/roadmap
- GitHub: https://github.com/kilbot/WooCommerce-POS
- Translate: http://translate.wcpos.com
- Upgrade to Pro: http://wcpos.com/pro
- WooCommerce >= 2.3.7
- PHP 5.4+
- A modern browser
- A good web host
- Go to Plugins screen and select Add New.
- Search for “WooCommerce POS” in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Install the plugin
- Click Activate Plugin to activate it.
If you have purchased a license for WooCommerce POS Pro please follow the steps below to install and activate the plugin:
- Go to: http://wcpos.com/my-account/
- Under My Downloads, click the download link and save the plugin to your desktop.
- Then go to your site, login and go to the Add New Plugin page, eg: http://<yourstore.com>/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=upload
- Upload the plugin zip file from your desktop and activate.
- Next, go to the POS Settings page and enter your License Key and License Email to complete the activation.
To install a WordPress Plugin manually:
- Download the WooCommerce POS plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate Plugin to activate it.
Where can I find more information on WooCommerce POS?
There is more information on our website at wcpos.com.
Where can I request a feature?
Visit the Roadmap for information on what is coming in the next version of WooCommerce POS. If your feature isn’t mentioned leave a request in the comments.
Where can I get support?
WooCommerce POS has a support page within the plugin (eg: http:///pos/#support). If you are experiencing an error or problem please visit this support page and send a message using the form provided. This form will attach important information we need to assist you.
Where can I report bugs?
Bugs can be reported on the WooCommerce POS GitHub repository.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce POS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WooCommerce POS” has been translated into 9 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WooCommerce POS” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Fix: WordPress warning would cause orders to fail in some situations
0.4.26 – 2021/03/30
- PHP 8.0 compatibility: fix fatal error on processing orders
0.4.25 – 2020/11/11
- WC 4.7 compatibility: fatal error on processing orders
0.4.24 – 2019/08/13
- WC 3.7 compatibility: fix “The site is experiencing technical difficulties” error.
0.4.23 – 2019/04/22
- WC 3.6 compatibility: more fatal errors on processing orders
0.4.22 – 2019/04/19
- WC 3.6 compatibility: fatal error on processing orders
0.4.21 – 2018/11/27
- WP 5 compatibility: fix custom order fields
0.4.20 – 2018/10/24
- WC 3.5 compatibility: POS will use WC REST API v3
0.4.19 – 2018/09/24
- Fix: Gutenberg conflict causing error on POS settings page
- Fix: remove customer meta for POS
- Fix: tweak payment options on Order edit page
0.4.18 – 2018/03/08
- Fix: Product variation stock adjustment
- Fix: Category search for products
- Fix: Prevent display of hidden order item meta
- Fix: POS flag on Orders list page
- Fix: Add payment method to Orders list page
- Fix: Printing in Chrome 46+
0.4.17 – 2017/11/24
- WP 4.9 compatibility fix for decimal quantities
0.4.16 – 2017/11/22
- WP 4.9 compatibility fix for ‘rest_invalid_param’
0.4.15 – 2017/10/12
- WC 3.2 compatibility: fix tax calculation
0.4.14 – 2017/08/03
- Urgent Fix: bug fix for browsers crashes affecting some users
0.4.13 – 2017/06/15
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): save product meta
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): correctly sync stock numbers
- Improvement: disable WorldPay gateway for POS
- Improvement: disable zoom on touch devices
0.4.12 – 2017/06/05
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): Any retrieve Products with post_status = publish
0.4.11 – 2017/05/31
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): correct sale completed date
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): featured and on_sale filter
- Fix: date localisation
- Improve translations
0.4.10 – 2017/05/26
- Fix: Receipt date time zone
- Fix: Emailing receipts
- Fix: Product search by title only
0.4.9 – 2017/05/04
- Fix: Custom variation attributes
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): non-taxable products
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): taxable fees
- Fix: (WC3 compatibility): order created_at property
0.4.8 – 2017/04/27
- Fix: ‘Any …’ variations
0.4.7 – 2017/04/15
- WC 3 Compatibility fixes
0.4.6 – 2016/06/15
- WC 2.6 Compatibility Fix: Prevent POS gateways from appearing on online checkout
- Fix: POS orders not showing in reports
- Fix: bug causing issue with some variations, e.g.: 000, 00 and 0
- Fix: character encoding in checkout
- Fix: incorrect translation strings
0.4.5 – 2015/10/28
- Important: WooCommerce POS now requires PHP 5.4 or higher
- Important: WooCommerce POS now requires WooCommerce 2.3.7 or higher
- Important: Pro users should update WooCommerce POS Pro to version 0.4.5
- Fix: Layout issues in Chrome 46+
- Fix: POS permalink bug introduced in 0.4.2 – 22388f7
- Fix: POS Cash not recording amount tendered or change – 2ef2260
- Fix: POS Cash and Card gateways not showing for some users
- Fix: Permalink slugs should not begin with slash
- Fix: Product variation popover where variant contains a comma or special character
- Fix: Firebox bug where POS would be unresponsive after printing receipt
- Improve: POS template caching and performance
- Improve: Plugin update notices – 08058a9
- Improve: Customer search
- New: (Pro) Edit customer details during checkout
0.4.4 – 2015/08/26
- Fix: cart totals going to zero with new fee or shipping line item – commit 35f547c
- Improve: scanning barcodes multiple times – commit 670173b
0.4.3 – 2015/08/24
- Fix: barcode scanning bug introduced in version 0.4.2 – commit 8a608c8
0.4.2 – 2015/08/24
- New: local storage will now clear on version change – commit 85ec411
- New: option to automatically print receipt after checkout – commit 16fba05
- New: add cashier to receipt data – commit c4caa8d
- New: add pos_cash info to receipt data – commit e7e443b
- New: WooPOS icon to denote POS orders in WP Admin
- Fix: variation display and select issues – commit 91c7ec1, b3d6543
- Fix: variation barcode search for products in queue – commit 3fda531
- Fix: variation stock adjustment after sale – commit 26978fd
- Fix: populate order addresses from customer id – commit b86bc56
- Fix: compatibility fix for WC 2.4 SSL authentication – commit 525671b
- Fix: modal CSS conflict in WP Admin – commit 837b918
- Fix: numpad discount bug introduced in 0.4.1
- Fix: quick edit links not showing on WP Admin Products page – commit 07d3e98
- Fix: POS visibility options not showing on new product page – commit ef20a5b
- Tweak: WP Admin CSS – commit c5a38c7
0.4.1 – 2015/07/10
- Important: WooCommerce POS now requires WooCommerce 2.3 or greater
- New: added woocommerce_pos_email_receipt hook
- Improve: blur() barcode search field after successful match
- Improve: editing a product/fee/shipping title in cart – commit 216e8a5
- Improve: css tweaks for Firefox – commit 216e8a5
- Improve: keyboard entry for qty and prices – commit ee61744
- Improve: variation attributes now stored as line item meta for display on receipts
- Fix: support for legacy server HTTP methods – commit 5765491
- Fix: Internal Server Error for PHP 5.2.x – commit d800d40
- Fix: parse $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA global to array – commit ac88f50
- Fix: decimal quantity display – commit 358d95f
- Fix: check WooCommerce has loaded – commit 80285c4
- Fix: variation selection issues in popover – commit 5c9673b
- Fix: incorrect total tax calculation for negative fees – issue #85
- Fix: decimal bug on numpad entry, eg: 0.01 – commit b46884d
- Update npm dependencies
0.4 – 2015/06/02
- Important: this is a major code refactor, almost every line of code has been rewritten
- Important: check your POS admin after upgrade as many settings have changed
- Products: Variation popover/drawer
- Products: Infinite scroll
- Products: Hotkey for barcode search
- Products: Attributes now show in tooltip
- Cart: Tax settings can now be changed per cart item
- Cart: Meta data can be added to cart items
- Cart: Ability to add shipping line item
- Cart: Ability to fee line item
- Hotkeys: Use hotkey ‘?’ to display a list of available hotkeys
- Translations: WooCommerce POS now uses automatic downloads
- New: Set custom permalink for POS front-end
- Improved: Responsive design for tablets & mobile
- Pro: Add customer during checkout
- Pro: Open multiple carts
- Pro: Hotkey for credit card readers
- Pro: New product page for quick product management
- Pro: New customer page for quick add/edit customers
- Pro: New order page
- Pro: New coupon page
- Pro: Multiple stores
- Pro: Compatibility fix for Stripe gateway
- Fix: all the things